Friday, May 8, 2009

Bawoughhhhhhh

I went to Petsmart with the kids and my mom yesterday. I had to buy overpriced (forty eight flippin dollars and ninety nine freakin cents a bag!) dog food for my overweight (well...Dan is the only overweight one), ungrateful couch-hounds. My mom had to buy cat food, because she is the crazy cat lady. tee-hee. (I love you, mom)

They were about to have an obedience class, so there were a lot of people milling about the store with their puppies in tow. Barrett was very happy about this. Every time he saw a dog he would he would joyfully start howling at them. "Bawoughhhhh" evey time he saw a dog. He was very amused with himself and I was....well I was a bit embarrassed. I tried to distract him by taking him to see the cats for adoption.
"See Barrett, it's a cat." I said as I pointed to a tabby cat curled in her bed.
"caat" he responded. Then he looked up to a husky coming down the aisle. "BA---WOOOOOO"

I got out of there as fast as I could. I'm sure my mom was very proud of her howling grandson. She showed her pride by acting like she wasn't associated with us in any way.

Thanks, Danny Boy, for teaching Barrett your language. I'm sooo happy to have a bilingual son.