Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's Log!

Ren and Stimpy Pictures, Images and Photos

We heat our home with a wood-burning stove. I think that a lot of people in the country do this because propane costs money and wood is usually free. I might add that my husband is...uh....thrifty. We seem to spend an inordinate amount of time cutting wood, loading wood, unloading wood, stacking wood, fetching wood and building fires. My husband does most of the work, but I do have build an occasional fire.
I never took fire-building 101 in college, nor was I ever a girl scout. Fire creation is not a talent of mine. Building a fire is complicated by the fact that the toddler likes to stomp around the stove saying "hot...Hot .....HOT!!", mocking our warnings. The toddler also has a fascination with the fireplace tools, which he tries to hand me at inopportune times. Nothing, however, is more interesting to him than the logs themselves. He will move and stack logs that are as big as he is. I'm sure that he would choose to play with a log over any of his trillion toys.
On "Ren & Stimpy" they used to have a commercial for log and there was a jingle that went:
"It's log...it's log. It's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's log....It's log. It's better than bad, it's good. Everyone wants a log! Everyone needs a log!"
If you were a kid in the early nineties, then you will know this song by heart. I hope that I've activated that part of everyone's brain and that song is stuck in mental replay.
Anyway, I thought that I was the only one that remembered that song. I began singing it one day while my husband was building a fire and Barrett was trying to balance on top of a log, of course. "Will you stop singing that! It's bad enough that I think about it everytime I'm chopping wood." I guess my husband and I share a bond in the fact that we were both raised in front of the television.

Holla if you remember the log song!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet DH knows it too, because he still oves that show even I can't watch it. LOL. But we also don't have it in Germany.

And of course anything is better to play with as toys.

That Nora Girl said...

I remember that song! I was singing it in my head as soon as I saw the Ren and Stimpy pic. CLASSSIC.