Monday, March 10, 2008

R.I.P. Dan's Balls

Dan got the clip, which was long overdue, two weeks ago. Now he just has a sad little coin purse that dangles between his legs. He went to the vet weighing one hundred pounds and came home weighing ninety-five. He hasn't changed a bit, other than the loss of anatomy. The same wild beast that went to the vet came back every bit as wild, which is fine. I had gone round and round with my husband over the subject of neutering Dan for some time. Finally Jason caved, because he knew I was right the entire time. To celebrate I've written Dan's balls a haiku poem:

Frijoles, or beans
swelled to great furry apples
then came the harvest

My baby boy Bluetick..Dan


Danny Boy when his apples were just beans

2 comments:

The Rose Queen said...

Come on now, Dan can have fun and not worry about any puppies of his being out there, It's all good. BTW you have a beautiful dog.

Alabaster Mom said...

Dan, to you I say "BAROOOOOOO!"